Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I'm goin' to Texas

I've no idea if Davy Crockett really said "To Hell with you, I'm going to Texas!" or not but I can certainly understand the feeling.

Do you ever get the feeling, as my dear old mother once said, "the faster I go the behinder I get"?

Sometimes when I slow the thrashing down a little bit, I wonder what in the world I'm doing what I do for. When you try to please everyone, it seems that you please no one. Why don't I try to please myself for a change? Naaaah, that would be too easy. Wouldn't it.

Did you ever see a dog, who has chosen a human to belong to, be whipped, kicked, beaten and abused by that human, crawl on it's belly to that same person, tail between it's hind legs, trembling from fear or anticipation, trying to get a pat on the head, a kind word, or simply an acknowledgement that it exists? Think that doesn't exist on a human level? Or some level, somewhere.

Whence this personal pity party you ask?

Don't ask. You probably have enough of you own problems to worry about. I just sometimes wonder what Texas would be like.

Do they have Kudzu there?

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I feel like that all the time. The thing about getting more behind. I feel like everytime I try it's for nothing. I just put myself in the way of dissapointment. I get scared however, that if I stop trying I'll end up even more of a screw up.

kdzu said...

Hot Dang! I got a comment. God bless you alicia. Don't worry we'll get there. Can't quit, if you do you've already lost.