Friday, May 18, 2007

I have just discovered.........

.
...........Another reason to achieve enormous wealth.

You don't have to cut your own @#$%^&*()% grass. Or in my case the lack of same. Oh, we have a little scattered here and there. I made the mistake of applying a fertilizer with weed killer in it, thinking to eliminate the fennel, crabgrass, dandelions and such before aerating and putting out a nice turf style grass seed for a lush green lawn like they show in the advertisements. Boy was that a mistake this year. First the weather turned cold again, then rain seemed to never come. All this combined to render several hundred $ of fertilizer, lime and seed totally inert. The up side is that what little grass remains grows quickly and when I run the mower the downside appears in a huge, blinding, cloud of dust which covers everything in a coat of red.

Oh yeah, another reason would be that I wouldn't have to @#$% with a mower that decides that anytime I stop for any reason that it won't crank again until it cools down. Kinda like a reluctant slave in the cotton field after the ol' master has paid a visit or two to her cabin late at night.

There fore I resolve to become too wealthy to have to fool with these aggravations.

Now to find a bank with careless guards, or a winning lottery ticket dropped out by the gas pumps.

No comments: