Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Something I did..............

.
................not know.

Now there are those who will tell you that there is plenty that I don't know, but who do you believe? Those,.......They, whoever they are? Or me, sterling example of Southern Gentleman. Son of the South! Decorated war Veteran. Heroic defender of the downtrodden, the poor in spirit and those who rail against the government and usurpers of freedom.

They even stoop so low as to refer to me as an extreme rightwing fanatical conservative. Pah! I laugh at their lack of discernment.

If I must be classified as anything in the political spectrum, I prefer to be thought of as a Free Man. A sovereign individualist. Carrying to its logical conclusion the ideals espoused in The Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights. A true Libertarian in that I believe in Liberty for all People, and believe that government governs best which governs least.

Both sides of the political clustertumble in Washington, DC are in my opinion Nazis' in that they both want to control all aspects of our lives, from cradle to grave. Giving us just enough freedom to keep us producing at the optimum levels so as to maximize the taxes they levy on us.

This means that I am an opponent of the insane War on Drugs as waged by our imperial federal government.

Don't take that the wrong way. I do not use what are referred to as illegal drugs I never have and likely never will. I take prescription drugs and make no apology for that, I use them exactly as instructed and get generally the results desired. I don't drink, although I have in the past and consider that I could readily become an alcoholic if I were to let myself.

But, if someone wants to use, abuse or even kill themselves with drugs or alcohol, I say more power to them. As long as in doing so they realize that they have to be responsible for any ill effects of their usage and that they do not harm others by their usage or actions. If you want to use medical or recreational cannabis or heroin or cocaine, do so, but don't expect me to be responsible for the ill effects of your actions.

By legalizing drugs you would almost at once release 1/3 of our prison population to productive lives. You would almost eliminate the criminal element from their high profit margins which make the illegal sale so lucrative. The government could collect sales taxes on the sale which could be used to fund treatment facilities (which hopefully would be run by private treatment centers). And have been proven to be far more effective in reducing drug usage. You would release thousands upon thousand of law enforcement personnel to combat the threat of Islamic terrorism.

But in my wildest dreams I never thought that I would find myself on the same side of the fence with George Soros, one of the richest men in the world and one I consider a strong candidate for the AntiChrist. Click on the link.

Maybe I don't quite know everything.

Perhaps I need to get out of the Kudzu Grotto more often.

2 comments:

k said...

OHHHH, yes.

But see, then all those cops would be out of a job - not all would go to finding terrorists, nope. And the politicians? Deprived of a great tool used to scare the naive into compliance and donations.

In other words, you're asking the powerful to give up avenues of power.

Which is why it won't work.

The War on Drugs has been going on since the early part of the 20th century. People who love Reagan and think he was all for individualism and less federal government are usually clueless about the huge impact he had on sending federal dollars, *surplus* equipment, and training to the War on Drugs.

The gestapo-style SWAT teams, no-knock warrants, searches and seizures without due process, huge emphasis on traffic tickets vs. helping catch true criminals? Yeah. All o' that.

argh!

kdzu said...

argh!!!! indeed.