Thursday, February 28, 2008

HooRah for the Brits

.
I see by THIS report that Prince Harry is going to serve in Afghanistan. This following a long tradition of service on the front lines by the second or third in line of succession to the throne of England. His Uncle Edward flew a naval helicopter in the successful defense of the Falkland Islands against the Argentinians.

There was a time in this countries history when the upper class considered it a duty to serve the country that guaranteed their freedoms and Liberty. Sadly this no longer is the case. The best and brightest consider it beneath them to soil the knees of their pants. They'd rather stay in their Ivy League castles and shit their pants if anybody looks crosseyed at them.

Just one more measurement of the slide into oblivion unless the common sense people rise up in revolt and take this country back from the bureaucratic namby-pambies who have sold us out to the overlords.

There used to be a hue and cry against the One World Government crowd. They learned their lesson and started working behind the scenes to accomplish the same thing.

Oh, you may very well argue against this thesis...........but I doubt very much you can prove it.........and would love to see you try.

One bit of evidence is the FBI wasting time investigating ROGER Clemens. What the HELL... over. Just another case of the government trying to rule every aspect of our lives. The only ones who should give a shit about his alleged steroid us is major league baseball and the team he plays for. If they want to investigate .............fine............if they find enough evidence and want to fine, kick him out of baseball or whatever........that should be between he and them.
Just another example of the stupid and very lucrative for governments of all levels......GWOD......Great War On Drugs

In my version of freedom and liberty.....the government is only supposed to protect me from harming anyone else or they me. If I were to choose to stone myself out of contact with reality and hurt no one else by either force or fraud......that should be my privilege. Some wit ........with a few wits about him.....once said that "that Government is best which governs least" They were right.. But then they were talking about a people who believed in freedom and liberty. I tend to blame this on the fact that about a hundred years ago we gave women the right to vote. Been downhill every since. Girls............prove me wrong.

I note another disturbing statistic today. How the hell did things ever reach this point. Besides having to support every Tom, Dick and Harry who choose to come to this country illegally and spawn their young for us to feed with foodstamps and provide well fare and health benefits and well as school the little bastards........we have to feed and support 1/100 of the population in jail and all the jailers and assorted caretakers that go along with them.

I'm of an age and guaranteed income level that I consider moving to another country....a lot........and it pisses me the hell off. We should make this country better.........not watch from the sidelines as it continues it's sorry, sad, inexorable slide into the footnotes of history. I'll vote in the November election......but I won't care if my candidate wins. Honest to goodness I hope it's another Florida fiasco that drags on for freaking years........at least then the government will get little accomplished.

2 comments:

LBJ said...

thanks for the comments on the brownies. . . actually I did live in the south for about 12 years. . was doing the airline pilot thing, then running a crop dusting business on the side. I like it where I am. . but I miss the good folks that live down in your neck of the woods.

Even if they didn't make me their red headed queen temptress. . haha

kdzu said...

Well if I can't tempt you.....I'll just keep reading your wonderful blog and admiring your pictures.