Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday

We all gathered at the local elementary school to cast our ballots this morning. First time voting since we moved. Got a few funny looks from some of the other locals .........
..we living in an area inhabited mostly by blacks. We stood out like nipples on a frosty morning. The lady who checked my registration against the computerized record looked like she was searching for a hanging chad......... then we tapped on the screen and were gone in less time than it takes to tell.

It is a sad commentary on the times we live in when you have to vote holding your nose....no matter who you vote for. Hopefully the eventual winner of the quadra-annual beauty contest will be better than we expect.........although my expectations at this point are at the point where I just hope they can chew gum and tie their shoes.

I know this sounds pessimistic........ but I'll repeat myself "keep your head down and your powder dry". Add to that........."buy more ammo and food and get out of debt"

Look at it this way........ at least the late night comedians will have lots to talk about.

No comments: