Saturday, February 09, 2008

It's a three dog night

No.........it's not cold here. Quite the opposite in fact. The morning started off a little above freezing and warmed up from there. Bright sunshine made sitting on the porch of my tool building with a cap pulled down over my eyes a thing of pleasure. Hey..... I takes 'um where I gets 'um. Of course Gracie the dalmatian had to keep nuzzling my hand so I'd pet and stroke her. Damn dog loves me like I love chocolate.

The three dog night thing is because the wife's sister and her husband are going on a cruise down to the Yucatan for a week............guess who got to watch their two dogs?

Our pouch has just about got us trained the way he likes us. Of course he's really the youngest daughters dog.......but my wife stole him and here he stays. I don't really mind 'cause he and I get down in the floor and wrestle from time to time........tugging at his rope toy with our teeth until I'm pooped and give up. Even the fact that she lets him sleep in the bed with us is not too bad, because when I come to bed he gets out of my way.

Now , however we have these two other neurotic pups for a week and our dog is going out of his mind with jealousy. AND of course they will have to sleep with the wife also. Hmmmmmmm makes her sound a little perverted doesn't it.

All I got to say about the situation is they better not interfere with my sleeping or I'll have to go outside and sleep with Gracie in her wheat straw filled 55 gallon drum.

They say politics makes for strange bedfellows............but they haven't been to my house.

3 comments:

LBJ said...

One 110 pound black lab is all I have room for. Except he hogs the covers some nights..

kdzu said...

We have plenty of room on the king bed. Mostly too much room, but I still some how seem to get the most covers.

Old NFO said...

LOL- I missed that one a mile! My first thought was a song by 3 Dog Night, the second was three dogs on the bed because it was that cold.