Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rumours.....

.
......Of my demise to the contrary........I have not passed through the veil.....just staying behind the closed door of my muse......

Fickle wench that she is........she seems to have abandoned me for a writer....or perhaps.....writers.... much better than I. And after all who can blame her.....
In my muscle relaxed, pain pill filled stupor I must be poor company.

Growing older definitely has it's down sides.......things are heavier now....where once .....not long ago really...I could load 90 lb. bundles of shingles onto a lift all day... now I do good to lift the nail gun over my shoulder to tack a piece of plywood to the ceiling of the new shop.

Of course growing older beats the alternative.....so I'm told......I remember that few people have come back from beyond to testify as to the climate there. Warm sandy beaches with palm trees swaying in the breeze and lovely ladies clad only in whispy grass skirts beckoning me to the barbecue sounds like a nice bit of heaven.

Some wit or other once said that we make our own reality. I wonder if that is also true of the great beyond? Will we get there to find some preachers have taken a bit of poetic license with their message? Or maybe so many have shouted about laying about on a cloud playing a harp and singing hymns and hosannas all the eternity that their strident voices have shaped our future reality. Sounds very non-productive to me.....better to be given a fishing pole and led to a nice bluegill pond where the crickets impale themselves on the hook and sing siren songs to the finny submarine sailors beneath the willow trees.

Whoa..........Where did that last come from?

We had an eclipse the other night. I sat on the front stoop and watched as the dragon steadily chomped away at the moon......only to find the taste not to his liking and spitting it out and washing his mouth out under the Milky Way.

Were I a capable photog I'd make better pictures. You can spend all kinds on money on equipment and if you have no better sense of composition than I........all you have is an expensive toy. Nevertheless here is my contribution to an event that will only be experienced once in a lifetime the exact same way.



Still one can hope to be allowed to watch similar events again.....
preferably from exotic locations high in the Peruvian Andes with agreeable companions around a campfire with wieners and marshmallows on sticks.

I also notice with interest this Study
and now realize what has been the problem all along..........bad luck in the draw. Although admittedly my research was drastically limited by the amount of time I was able to put into it. How'd you like to be a research assistant on that study?

Well I'd better leave off for now. Not for lack of gibberish to spout but because I may not be able to reach the keyboard after I finish sliding to the floor.

2 comments:

Jean said...

oh, where do I start?
I love the eclipse photo!
You did pretty durn well here, without your muse.
and, last but not least... this explains the very short email... heh. Hope your shoulder is all better in the morning.

k said...

Oh, kdzu...can I say it?

I feel your pain!