Friday, June 01, 2007

Woo....HHaaa

.
... breath sigh of relief. Today wasn't so bad after all. Even got a nap in this afternoon.
Took the grand son (7) with me to the pawnshops today. He was very well behaved with the exception of wanting everything he saw. But relatively quiet about it, unlike at home, where his mouth motors a mile-a-minute. He's always had a difficult time communicating because he will not look at your face when he talks. Never learned to associate sounds with the positions of mouth and tongue. So I work on that and make him speak more slowly. He wants to jumble all the sounds together and my old ears can't make turnips from tornadoes of what he's trying to say.

We got back shortly after 12 and his grandmother suggests she'll take them both to her sisters and let them swim in the pool. Wear them out so they'll go to sleep early is my response.

Now can anyone give me a good reason to let a 9 yr old girl have a cell phone with text capability. Drives the wife crazy. Just enhances mine. Spoiled brat is calling everyone and pouting about everything. That's gonna cut the visit short. Guaran-damn-teed.

What in the world did we do back in the stone age, when all we had was a party line phone in the corner at home and no one used it except in emergencies.

Just one more addition to the noises in my head.

2 comments:

Jean said...

He survives!

9 yr old cell phone texting??... nah, that ain't right. (This should make a good blog-story.)ha

US said...

I'm still trying to decide to let my almost 13y/o have one.